If you're using Chrome, the right column of this blog isn't displaying correctly. Switch to Firefox. If you're using the iPad, you're a tool. If you're using IE, go kill yourself.
(This person is kinda upset that I dissed their favorite browser. I actually use Chrome and I like it, but for some reason the layout here is different than on Firefox. And of course, the iPad and IE just plain suck. You tool.)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Videojug pages

Look what I got in my inbox today:

Hello,

Apologies for emailing you out of the blue but i recently came across your blog and wanted to get in touch.

I am the editor of videojug.com, the world’s leading ‘how to’ website. We’re about to get bigger and better and we're looking for some skilled writers & bloggers to become Founder Members our new service which is called Videojug Pages - you can see it here - http://pages.videojug.com

Essentially Videojug Pages is knowledge-sharing website where people with specific interests, passions and know-how can share their knowledge with our users, meet like-minded who share their passions and earn money through our revenue-sharing scheme.

If you want to know exactly how this works you can watch our 2 minute video here - http://pages.videojug.com/148-video-all-about-Videojug-Pages

As a Founding Member you will be able to help shape how the site develops and establish yourself as font of knowledge on the subjects you know and love.

There are some great benefits to being a Founder member and i'm building up a list of those who want to be involved. If you're interested in finding out more then please let me know. You can reply to this email (it’s come from a real person!) and I will email you more information and a start-up pack.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Harriet

Harriet Hungerford
Editor

Should I believe this shit? The video looks real, but the fact that some person emailed me for no reason, not to mention the bad grammar, seems peculiar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's real. 'how-to' websites often seek out people to contribute to their sites. and as for the grammar, i think videojug is a british company. maybe that explains it?

Harriet said...

Hi i'm Harriet from Videojug. I saw your blog post and question about the genuineness of my email so i thought i'd leave a comment.

I am a real person, videojug is a real business and the opportunity to get involved with videojug pages from the start is totally genuine.

You're right that the grammar was bad in my email. It's embarrassing and i'll be sure to proof read them better in future.

If you’re interested in finding out more then please email me back.

Thanks, Harriet

Anonymous said...

You have to laugh at the comment left by you two nobends, Video jug is a growing company with quality content.
It may be British but that said we did give you the English you use today.