If you're using Chrome, the right column of this blog isn't displaying correctly. Switch to Firefox. If you're using the iPad, you're a tool. If you're using IE, go kill yourself.
(This person is kinda upset that I dissed their favorite browser. I actually use Chrome and I like it, but for some reason the layout here is different than on Firefox. And of course, the iPad and IE just plain suck. You tool.)

Saturday, August 14, 2010

All about BlackBerrys and water damage

I dropped my newly-acquired BlackBerry in a pool today. Actually, that's an understatement. I swam with it in my pocket for several minutes. Needless to say, I freaked out. A friend told me to take the battery out and we dropped it in a bowl of rubbing alcohol. I had no idea if what we were doing was right, but it turns out it was. Then at night I googled it and discovered this video, which is the most thorough explanation and step-by-step process I could find.



I didn't disassemble the damn thing. Too lazy. And I also don't have rice to put it in. But hopefully in a couple days it will start working again (that's a big hopefully).

Note: I went ahead and put the thing in a container of rice the next morning. And now it works! The screen is kinda water damaged, though, but the water does slowly dissipate somehow. Note that this technique doesn't just work on BlackBerrys.

0 comments: