If you're using Chrome, the right column of this blog isn't displaying correctly. Switch to Firefox. If you're using the iPad, you're a tool. If you're using IE, go kill yourself.
(This person is kinda upset that I dissed their favorite browser. I actually use Chrome and I like it, but for some reason the layout here is different than on Firefox. And of course, the iPad and IE just plain suck. You tool.)

Monday, March 16, 2009

Marjoe Gortner

*** This has been put in the section 'Posts I wish I could take back.' Reason below. ***

Marjoe Gortner (whose name is a combination of Mary and Joeseph) was the youngest evangelical preacher when he was ordained at four years old. He traveled the country to "heal" people who were "sick." Then one day he decided to take a film crew with him and revealed in a documentary, which won the 1973 Academy Award for best documentary, how he duped people and how he really didn't believe in God at all.

Here's a clip from the documentary.



Update 05.18.10: I posted this a day or two before I had time to watch the documentary. I don't know if Gortner believed in God--I found a blog post that said he didn't. In the documentary, however, Gortner didn't mention whether or not he believed in God. He just said that religion was used to manipulate people.

1 comments:

Pen Pen said...

wow! ....I'm learning too much from reading ur blog--it's ur fault! :)