If you're using Chrome, the right column of this blog isn't displaying correctly. Switch to Firefox. If you're using the iPad, you're a tool. If you're using IE, go kill yourself.
(This person is kinda upset that I dissed their favorite browser. I actually use Chrome and I like it, but for some reason the layout here is different than on Firefox. And of course, the iPad and IE just plain suck. You tool.)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chimps really do use their left brains

I had learned previously that chimpanzees were ambidextrous in their daily activities. Now that's been erased from my memory and replaced with this remarkable revelation.

A new study shows that chimps predominantly use their right hands when communicating, hinting to the strong possibility that they use the left half of their brains, as is true for humans. This is a breakthrough because it buttresses the hypothesis that speech evolved as our ancestors pointed to objects (see: Bouba/kiki effect).

0 comments: