If you're using Chrome, the right column of this blog isn't displaying correctly. Switch to Firefox. If you're using the iPad, you're a tool. If you're using IE, go kill yourself.
(This person is kinda upset that I dissed their favorite browser. I actually use Chrome and I like it, but for some reason the layout here is different than on Firefox. And of course, the iPad and IE just plain suck. You tool.)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Google Scribe

Google Scribe is one of Google's newest toys. It's a word processor that feels it should help you out by autocompleting every fucking word and sentence you type. It's really annoying. Their other new thing, the Google Instant search, is based on the same concept, but that one's actually pretty cool. The difference is, you type in a search query for 3 seconds and you're done, as opposed to seeing an endless amount of drop-down lists on your page when you might be trying to get something important done. Good thing they didn't pollute Google Docs with this garbage.

But wait. They already have Google Docs, which can do a lot more than just a simple word processor like Scribe. So what's the point of Scribe? Is it just to waste time typing in random movie quotes and seeing if the system has it? I'm confused.

I'm a programmer, and this reminds me too much of the autocomplete function on integrated development environments (IDEs) like Eclipse and NetBeans. Most other programmers would laugh at me, but I refuse to use an IDE simply because of that. I don't want the fucking thing telling me what I might be thinking of doing. Just give me a good ol' fashioned text editor and I'll type away unmolested.

0 comments: