If you're using Chrome, the right column of this blog isn't displaying correctly. Switch to Firefox. If you're using the iPad, you're a tool. If you're using IE, go kill yourself.
(This person is kinda upset that I dissed their favorite browser. I actually use Chrome and I like it, but for some reason the layout here is different than on Firefox. And of course, the iPad and IE just plain suck. You tool.)

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Flipping YouTube videos to avoid copyright infringement

You can flip a copyrighted video--mirror it horizontally--and post it on YouTube without fear of it getting taken down (although there's no absolute guarantee that someone out there won't). YouTube has some kind of loophole in their terms or something that doesn't include flipped videos.

2 comments:

Ohadi said...

That's not entirely true.
I mirrored my Star Wars videos on youtube and they were taken down anyway.
The mirroring, I think, only prevents youtube from automatically blocking your videos [since it scans for copyrighted materials], but they can still find out about it and take it down, no matter how you flip it around.

Henry Norman said...

IE and iPad users are tools ... That's a good one! At first I thought it was a typo, but then I realized what a wonderful play on words/pun it really is! Youse IE/iPad guys are such tools!