If you're using Chrome, the right column of this blog isn't displaying correctly. Switch to Firefox. If you're using the iPad, you're a tool. If you're using IE, go kill yourself.
(This person is kinda upset that I dissed their favorite browser. I actually use Chrome and I like it, but for some reason the layout here is different than on Firefox. And of course, the iPad and IE just plain suck. You tool.)

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Meet the parents

I don't know that much about music nor do I care, but when I was riding in a friend's car last summer and he had the radio on, I heard possibly the dumbest fucking song in human history. It was "I Kissed a Girl" and it was barely 3 minutes long, with the chorus taking over about 2/3 of it. I got back home and googled the title and found out it was made by an idiot named Katy Perry. I spent some time on YouTube and found another one of hers called "Ur So Gay." What the fuck is up with this bitch? She has no problem publicly saying she kissed another girl but slams gay and metrosexual men. What a fucking hypocrite.

I let people at school fill me in on the pop culture front, so today I discover that Katy's parents are deeply religious and they're pastors. They claim their daughter was taken in by the "big city lights of LA," and her mom "bows her head and prays" every time she hears "I Kissed a Girl" on the radio. Katy struck back by telling everyone that her mom dated Jimi Hendrix and her dad was a drug dealer.

Just goes to show that the tighter the leash on the kids, the more disastrous the result will be for the parents later in life. How many more examples do we need of stories like this? Not that I think Katy should be "reformed" or "find Jesus" or any of that garbage. But parents, particularly religious ones, tend to think they can change or subvert human nature by trying to "watch" everything their kids do, and if they don't like it, the parents shove the Bible in their children's faces.

Children love rebeling against their parents. So if you at least appear like a damn loser to them (you tell them you sell crack and the IRS is after your ass), they probably will grow up to be devout. Open everything up, have a conversation, and let them know what's going on. It's called human nature. Just a thought.

I'm done with my rant. That was the most fun I've had since this one.

0 comments: